Saturday, June 6, 2009

Beth Ciotta

There's nothing worse than writing a bio. Wait. Yes, there is. Writing a synopsis. Creating a condensed version of an unwritten tale essentially equals (in my opinion) pulling a story out of your butt. Like I said... painful. But for my sisters, I will endure.
I'm the oldest of seven kids. Six of those seven are girls. I know what you're thinking. Our poor brother! Naw. Just makes him all that more special!
Three of us left our small town roots to pursue careers as singers. Me, being the oldest, blazed the trail. Brenda followed soon after, and then Barb. They're probably cursing me to this day. A career in the arts is unstable to say the least. But did they learn? No! Now they're following me into the murky publishing waters. But you know what? They have a gift for storytelling, just as they do for singing. I'm so proud!
As for me, I'm currently living my dream (my second dream since that whole rock star thing didn't work out.) writing romantic adventures for HQN Books (Harlequin). I'm a member of RWA (Romance Writers of America), NJRW, and NINC (Novelist, Inc). Oh, and I've won a couple of awards. You can learn more than you ever wanted to know about me by visiting my website. Meanwhile, I plan to have a blast here at SIS. I do hope you join us time and again. We're a fun lot. Spastic, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment